Johannes Brahms: Ein Deutsches Requiem (2012) [High Fidelity Pure Audio Blu-Ray Disc]
Name: Johannes Brahms: Ein Deutsches Requiem
Conductor: Antoni Wit
Artist: Christiane Libor, Soprano (# 5), Thomas E. Bauer, Baritone (# 3, 6), Warsaw Philharmonic Orchestra and Choir
Issued: United States | Naxos
Size: 8.84 GB
The longest work in Brahms’s entire oeuvre, A German Requiem was almost certainly triggered by the death of his mother, although it also seems likely that the tragic loss of his friend Robert Schumann, some years earlier, added to its depth and eloquence. Taking inspiration from Bach’s contrapuntal genius but avoiding overt religious tradition, Brahms chose the texts himself, placing an emphasis on an affirmation of life with the suggestion that he would gladly have substituted ‘human’ for ‘German’ in the title.
Recorded: Warsaw Philharmonic Hall, Warsaw, Poland, from 27th to 29th August, 2012.
Johannes Brahms (1833-1897)
Ein deutsches Requiem (A German Requiem), Op. 45
1. Selig sind, die da Leid tragen (Blessed are they that mourn) 12:13
2. Denn alles Fleisch, es ist wie Gras (For all flesh is as grass) 14:55
3. Herr, lehre doch mich (Lord, make me to know mine end) 10:11
4. Wie lieblich sind deine Wohnungen (How amiable are thy tabernacles) 5:29
5. Ihr habt nun Traurigkeit (And ye now therefore have sorrow) 7:28
6. Denn wir haben hie keine bleibende Statt (For here have we no continuing city) 12:30
7. Selig sind die Toten (Blessed are the dead) 12:29
BD-25 Single-Layer Disc
DTS-HD MA 5.0 (96 kHz / 6005 kbps / 24-bit)
LPCM 2.0 (96 kHz / 4608 kbps / 24-bit)
Would you like to leave your comment? Please Login to your account to leave comments. Don't have an account? You can create a free account now.